Dogs are some of the purest creatures around. They are kind, loving pets that only want to please that of their owners.
Owning a dog is entering a 10-15 year bond with a creature that only wants the best for you, and to please you day after day.
However, owning a dog isn’t all fun and games. There’s a lot you need to know and learn before delving into this process.
Dog’s can be high maintenance creatures and can cause a lot of stress at times. You need to dedicate a lot of time to raising a dog, for it to flourish.
The Toy Foxy Russell is the hybrid of a Toy Fox Terrier, and a Jack Russell Terrier. While not an uncommon breed, there is still very little information on their origination.
The Toy Fox Terrier has been around since the 1500s and was renowned for their hunting skills.
They specialized in fleshing out prey from their hiding spots, making for a great companion in hunting season.
The Jack Russell Terrier originated in England during the 1800s. Like the Toy Fox Terrier, it was also used as a dog to flesh out prey from hiding spots.
It would assist other animals such as horses, or larger hounds.
With the Toy Foxy Russell, you’re getting a smart dog with love for challenge and games, but also a dog that is entertaining, loving and compassionate.
In this guide today, I will be walking you through the fundamentals on the Jack Russell Terrier, and all the information needed to prepare for the purchase.
Dog’s can be hard pets to look after, but with this guide, I plan to make to easier.
I will walk through the costs, temperament, required training and life expectancy of the Toy Foxy Russell, as well as a slew of other things.
Is the Toy Foxy Russell a dog that appeals to you? Then read on to learn more!
Toy Foxy Russell Puppies – Before You Buy…
Before delving into your journey of dog ownership, there’s a slew of things you need to consider first.
Dogs are creatures that need a loving home for comfort, so you need to prepare your house, and your time to make sure it settles in smoothly.
As I said, it can be stressful at first, but it is needed for the efficiency of this process.
Things you need to prepare to include:
- You’re household. It needs to be clean and spacious, with a designated area for the Toy Foxy Russell to stay. This is only a small dog, so if you live in an apartment, this dog pay is perfect for you. However, keep in mind that it is incredibly active, and will need regular trips outside.
- Your time. You need to adjust your schedule to meet that of the Toy Foxy Russell’s needs. This dog needs to be socialized from an early age, and you need to provide that for it. If someone is at home at all time to provide this, then this is not too big of an issue.
- Your color preference.
- Your gender preference
- Your spaying/neutering preference. This one is quite important. Depending on whether or not you want your dog to have puppies, this can be a good choice, as it can prevent serious illnesses.
What Price are Toy Foxy Russell Puppies?
One of the scariest and hardest parts of purchasing your first dog is determining whether or not you can afford it. The price of a puppy can determine what size, breed, and style you get.
The Toy Foxy Russell is a cost affordable dog, costing around $400-$500 for a puppy. This is the same price as the Jack Russell Terrier, and the Toy Fox Terrier.
However, this crossbreed serves as a great option for those who want a mix of its parent breeds.
Cheaper options for the Toy Foxy Russell include the possibility of adopting from a shelter.
You can find a Toy Foxy Russell at an adoption shelter anywhere from $50, with some establishments charging excess fees.
Some establishments also charge medical fees, which is to be expected if you’re buying your Toy Foxy Russell Puppy from a reputable breeder.
Where to Find Reputable Toy Foxy Russell Breeders?
Finding a reputable breeder is one of the most important parts of this process.
The breeder’s quality can alter the health, and behavior of each litter, therefore the breeder could be responsible for how your dog acts.
Because of this, it is important that the breeder you choose is professional and ethical.
A good breeder will:
- Provide a clean, spacious environment for the dogs to be kept before purchase.
- Socialise with the dogs, and make sure they’re ready to assimilate into the outside world.
- Pay attention to any grooming, bathing, and dietary needs.
- Demonstrate an extensive amount of knowledge on the Toy Foxy Russell, and both its parent breeds.
- Assist with any information, tips, tactics, and equipment you need, to ensure you can raise this dog with ease.
3 Little-Known Facts About Toy Foxy Russell Puppies
- Despite its cute demeanor, it can be quite stubborn.
- It is one of the rare dog breeds that can have three different eye colors.
- Despite its little legs, it is incredibly active!
Physical Traits of the Toy Foxy Russell
One of the most compelling things about hybrid canines is that they can look vastly different in each litter.
Even puppies with the same birth mother can contrast in features.
The Toy Foxy Russell will either look like a Toy Fox Terrier, Jack Russell or a complete mix of the two. It all depends on the genetic makeup.
Usually, the Toy Foxy Russell is said to look like a larger Chihuahua, with a medium sized snout and muzzle.
Its coat is soft and medium in length, ranging colors of brown, white, cream and red. It also has a tail that is long, but curves at the end.
How Big is a Full-Grown Toy Foxy Russell?
The Toy Foxy Russell is a small to medium sized breed, growing to 13-14 inches in length. It is a tall standing dog and is often shooting for an elegant aesthetic.
Weight wise, it is incredibly small, growing to around 10 pounds in mass. This makes it great for carrying, or late night snuggles on the couch.
What is the Toy Foxy Russell’s Life Expectancy?
The Toy Foxy Russell is estimated to live around 12-15 years, which is the same as both its parent breeds.
It is a healthy dog, but it’s important that you keep a close eye on any problems or symptoms that allude to illness.
Intelligence, Temperament, and Personality Traits of the Toy Foxy Russell
The Toy Foxy Russell is an incredibly energetic dog and is known to be playful and loving.
However, it is also stubborn and will need an emphasis on obedience throughout training. Positive reinforcement is a great way to inspire discipline.
The Toy Foxy Russell loves to entertain and will thrive when learning tricks.
It will welcome strangers into your house with comfort, which makes it an ineffective guard dog. It loves to be the center of attention, and will often to try and follow you around.
Because of this, its important for it not to be left alone for long amounts of time
The Toy Foxy Russell’s Diet
The Toy Foxy Russell eats around the same amount as other small sized breeds do. It will consume one cup of food a day, costing an owner around $30 a month.
It will enjoy sliced meats, but it is important to make this more of a treat than a common cuisine.
Instead, try a regime of sliced fruits, kibble, cereals and dry dog food, for the dog to get its daily nutritional needs without the heftiness of meat.
How Much Exercise Does the Toy Foxy Russell Need?
The Toy Foxy Russell is incredibly active and will need a lot of daily exercises. It will need an estimated 90 minutes of activity per day, with 8 miles of walking per week.
To provide this, try various games and activities both indoor, and outdoor. It will love interactive toys and games for mental stimulation, a nice game of fetch in the park for physical enjoyment.
It will enjoy hikes and strolls, as well as jogging and running. However, it prefers games to walking.
Toy Foxy Russell Health and Conditions
- Patellar Luxation
- Demodectic Mange
- Lens Luxation
My Final Thoughts on the Toy Foxy Russell
Overall, the Toy Foxy Russell is a loving, energetic dog that’ll inherit the traits of both its popular parent breeds, and provide happiness in any family.
It will require patience and a lot of exercises, but it is worth it for this lovely, little dog.
- Toy Foxy Russell Puppies – Before You Buy…
- What Price are Toy Foxy Russell Puppies?
- Where to Find Reputable Toy Foxy Russell Breeders?
- 3 Little-Known Facts About Toy Foxy Russell Puppies
- Physical Traits of the Toy Foxy Russell
- How Big is a Full-Grown Toy Foxy Russell?
- What is the Toy Foxy Russell’s Life Expectancy?
- Intelligence, Temperament, and Personality Traits of the Toy Foxy Russell
- The Toy Foxy Russell’s Diet
- How Much Exercise Does the Toy Foxy Russell Need?
- Toy Foxy Russell Health and Conditions
- My Final Thoughts on the Toy Foxy Russell