Raised and elevated dog beds are important for your dog’s comfort, but they can be overpriced for something you could build at home. If you’ve got some spare materials and the proper tools, you can find a raised dog bed plan that works for you and your dog. Thankfully, there are hundreds of DIY raised dog beds in a variety of styles and sizes that you can build within a few hours. Here are 5 Raised Dog Bed Plans you can build today:
1. DIY PVC Elevated Dog Bed Guide – PVC Fittings Online
If you’re looking for an inexpensive and easy DIY raised dog bed plan, this DIY PVC elevated dog bed is the perfect weekend project. Not only will it save you money compared to store-bought dog bed frames, but it’ll give your dog a more comfortable sleeping experience. Give this PVC bed lift a try for a low cost of materials.
- Ideal for drilling through or screwing in wood, metal, and plastic, soft grip handle provides added...
- The lithium ion battery holds a charge for up to 18 months
2. Build a Dog Cot – Instructables
This DIY Dog Cot is a great PVC dog bed lift that can be made within an hour once you have all of the parts. It’s a great project if you want your dog’s bed to be raised without spending hundreds on a premium elevated dog bed. It’s easier to do this project with an assistant, but it can be done alone.
- Double-faced solid rubber head delivers a softened positive strike
- High-strength Fiberglass handle core helps absorb vibrations
3. Raised Dog Cot DIY – HGTV
The popular TV network HGTV has the perfect DIY cot that looks sleek and modern. This cot is relatively easy to build and it helps relieve pressure points your dog has. It’s also another quick DIY project that should only take less than a few hours.
- DURABLE Strong Stainless Steel Rust Resistant Blades: Forging press manufacturing process enables...
- ULTRA SHARP and ALL-PURPOSE: Easy for cutting more than 16 layers of fabrics. Ideal for sewing,...
4. DIY Easy Dog Bed for Big Dogs – Wouldn’t It Be Lovely
If you have a large breed of dogs like a Mastiff or Great Dane, this DIY Easy Dog Bed is the perfect solution to your gentle giant elevated dog bed woes. Instead of spending hundreds on a jumbo dog bed frame, you’ll save your money with this heavy-duty DIY raised dog bed.
- 3-in-1 APPLICATIONExtremely practical multi-functional 3-in-1 heavy duty staple gun able to fasten...
- COMPLETE ACCESSORIES: Our manual staple gun include 2400 PCS staples(D-type*800, U-type*800,...
5. DIY Pallet Dog Bed on Casters – Home Depot Blog
Skill Level: Easy-Intermediate
Possibly the easiest elevated dog plan on this list, the DIY Pallet Dog Bed is a great weekend project to repurpose that old pallet you have kicking around. It’s relatively easy to make and will look chic in any room of your house. It’s the perfect DIY project to spoil your dog with.
- Powerful 7.5 Amp Motor provides ample power to get the job done
- Tool-Less Blade Change for easy blade changes
Emily started this blog out of pure passion. She LOVES her 3 dogs; Chew Barka, Cooper & Nelson, and spends countless hours every day playing with them.
When she’s not nerding out on dogs, you’ll find her on a snowboard or in the kitchen baking chocolate brownies.
She’s been featured in PetAware, Dogtime, and ModernDog.