If you’re looking into getting a dog grooming table, you’ll know that they can cost over a thousand dollars. While it may be necessary to get a table, spending that kind of money is not always a possibility. Thankfully, there are plenty of DIY grooming projects that can save you money in the long run. Some of these tables are on the difficult side, so it’s important to wear safety gear when handling any tools or machinery. Aside from the potential difficulty, these 5 DIY Grooming Tables are great projects that you can make from home:
1. How to Make a Homemade Grooming Table – Pets on Mom
If you have the time and the skills, this Homemade Grooming Table is a great DIY project. It may be a bit complicated, but it’ll be worth it in the long run. It’s also much cheaper than buying a grooming table, which can cost thousands of dollars for one unit.
- 3.0 Amp motor that spins the pad at 12,000 OPM
- Dust-sealed switch to protect against dust ingestion for longer life
2. Cheap Small Grooming Table – Instructables
This DIY grooming table repurposes an old table to make a cheap dog grooming station. This does involve some skill with tools and crafting, so it’s not recommended for beginner DIYers. However, it makes a great team project if you have friends that enjoy doing DIY as well.
3. Easy DIY Dog Grooming Table – Dexter’s Dog Days
A quick trip to the hardware store and a saw is all you’ll need for this crafty DIY grooming table. This is probably one of the easier tables to make, but it’s still a great DIY project. It’s also made with inexpensive materials, so it’ll save you money as well.
- Durable steel frame
- Non skid feet prevent sliding
4. DIY Dog Grooming Table – Dogsaholic
This is a relatively easy DIY Grooming table to make, and it’s sturdy enough for bigger dogs. This table will only cost you a trip to the hardware store and a few hours to build it. Once it’s done, you’ll be glad you invested the time and pocket change for this awesome DIY project.
- Drop forged and heated treated alloy steel head provides maximum striking strength
- Sharpened and curved claw ends generates maximum nail-pulling leverage
5. DIY Wood Grooming Table – PET DIYs
Dog grooming tables can take up a lot of space, so this DIY Folding Small Dog Grooming table is perfect for easy storage. This is not a simple project, but it’ll be worth it once it’s done. It also saves you money, since you won’t have to buy an expensive grooming table.
- Powerful 15-amp motor delivers 5,300-RPM for greater speed and faster cuts
- 7-1/4-in carbide-tipped blade included. Spindle lock for easy blade changes.
Featured Image: Freepik.com
Emily started this blog out of pure passion. She LOVES her 3 dogs; Chew Barka, Cooper & Nelson, and spends countless hours every day playing with them.
When she’s not nerding out on dogs, you’ll find her on a snowboard or in the kitchen baking chocolate brownies.
She’s been featured in PetAware, Dogtime, and ModernDog.