The frolicsome and merry Cocker Spaniel, with those big, sweet eyes and puckish personality, is one of the most loved dog breeds in the world. In terms of hardy athleticism and loving personality, these luxuriously furred dogs cannot be beaten.
The popularity of the Cocker Spaniel as a hunting dog and a companion has led to an abundance of magnificent hybrid breeds. Whatever your living situation, there’s a Cocker Spaniel mix out there for you!
History and Fun Facts about the Cocker Spaniel
Spaniel-type dogs have been documented as far back as the 14th century and were originally bred to help hunt birds before the invention of rifles. The Cocker Spaniel got its name from the bird it specialized in hunting: the woodcock.
As you might expect from a lineage of highly skilled hunters, Cocker Spaniels are incredibly intelligent and trainable. Gentle, happy, and decidedly impish, these dogs make excellent pets, playmates for children, as well as sporting companions.
Cocker Spaniels are big enough to excel in athletic activities, but also compact enough to travel easily and fit in a variety of homes. Their convenient size, unfailingly sweet dispositions, and lush coats made this breed America’s favorite dog for many years.
Cocker Spaniel Mix Breeds
1. Cocker Westie (Cocker Spaniel and West Highland White Terrier)
When the gentle Cocker Spaniel meets the confident Westie, you get an energetic and loving dog that loves to entertain their family. Cocker Westies are keenly intelligent, compactly built, and always up for an adventure.
2. Cocker Weim (Cocker Spaniel and Weimaraner Mix)
The Cocker Weim is a large, powerful dog that is highly athletic and intelligent. The aloofness of the Weimaraner is tempered by the sweet and playful nature of the Cocker Spaniel, creating a well-rounded – and exceptionally beautiful! – hunting dog and companion.
3. Corkie (Cocker Spaniel and Yorkshire Terrier Mix)
View this post on Instagram
Beautiful Windy & cold walk around #ardsleyreservoir such a lovely little walk #Yorkshire #yorkshirecockerspaniel #yorkshirebornandbred #gingerandwhite #strawberryblonde #beautifulpup #theadventuresofrosiehope #beautifulpup #strawberryblondeactually #theadventuresofrosiehope #cockersofinstagram #puppiesofinstagram #rosiehope2018 #dogsonadventures #cockerspanielbabies #cockerlovers #cockerspanielcuties #cockerspaniel_feature #cockerspanielofinstagram
Talk about a coat to die for – the lush curls of the Cocker Spaniel meet the flowing, silky hair of the Yorkshire Terrier in this sweet, sprightly little mix! While they may look small and dainty, these pups are feisty, brave, and big of heart.
4. Cocker Wheaten (Cocker Spaniel and Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier Mix)
Exuberant, cheerful, and deeply devoted to their family, Cocker Wheatens are merry extroverts through and through! With the energy of a terrier and intelligence of a hunter, this dashingly goateed breed is an outdoor lover and needs plenty of exercise.
5. Kobetan (Cocker Spaniel and Tibetan Terrier Mix)
Another gloriously furred mix breed, the Kobetan has a profusely curly double coat that begs to be brushed and fawned over. The playful personality of the Cocker Spaniel compliments the loyal and sensitive Tibetan Terrier, and makes for an attentive, family-oriented watchdog.
6. Scottish Cocker (Cocker Spaniel and Scottish Terrier Mix)
View this post on Instagram
Neighbourhood Watch 🐶 💜 #tagstagram #dog #dogs #dogsofinstagram #dogoftheday #dogstagram #dogsofinstaworld #dogs_of_instagram #doglover #doge #doggy #doglovers #dogs_of_world #doggie #doggo #dogsofinsta #instadog #dogsandpals #mansbestfriend #doggie #spanielxscottishterrier #springerspaniel #scottishterrier
The independent and sometimes cantankerous Scottie dog mellows considerably when mixed with the gentle Cocker Spaniel. Scottish Cockers are clever, sweet, and alert. These pups are hunters through and through, so keep an eye on the neighbor’s cat around these scamps!
7. Shocker (Cocker Spaniel and Shiba Inu Mix)
A mix of America’s favorite dog and the most popular dog in Japan, the Shocker is a well-muscled and spirited dog. They are gentle, alert, and adaptable to town or country.
8. Cock-A-Tzu (Cocker Spaniel and Shih Tzu Mix)
A delightful and mischievous little companion, the Cock-A-Tzu is a winning combination that will bring joy and laughter to any family. They are small to medium dogs and can do well in city life or rural.
9. Rottie Cocker (Cocker Spaniel and Rottweiler Mix)
Robust, gentle, and protective the Rottie Cocker is a family guardian with a heart of gold. The loyalty of the mastiff descendants and the playful attitude of the Cocker Spaniel make for a dog that is confident and friendly, but watchful of strangers.
10. Mini St. Bernard (Cocker Spaniel and Saint Bernard Mix)
The playfulness of the Cocker Spaniel meets the patience of the Saint Bernard in this loving mix. Mini St. Bernards are sweet and careful with children and make excellent family dogs. A larger breed, they need plenty of exercise and space – not an apartment-friendly dog!
11. Cockapoo (Cocker Spaniel and Standard Poodle Mix)
The pride and upright bearing of the Standard Poodle, the sweetness of the Cocker Spaniel, and the athletic ability of both! The Cockapoo is a dignified, active, and highly intelligent breed that excels at sports and is eager to please.
12. Cocker Pug (Cocker Spaniel and Pug Mix)
The Cocker Pug wants nothing more than to love and be loved in return! They adore their friends and family but are always eager to meet more playmates. Mischievous, loving, and bright-eyed, the Cocker Pug is a happy chap that does well in the city or country.
13. Pembroke Cocker Corgi (Cocker Spaniel and Pembroke Welsh Corgi Mix)
Though their name is a bit of a mouthful, the Pembroke Cocker Corgi is a most agreeable fellow. Athletic, lively, and exceedingly affectionate these dogs are sweet without being clingy. They make wonderful companions and can even be trained to herd.
14. Cockeranian (Cocker Spaniel and Pomeranian Mix)
View this post on Instagram
보양식이 필요해~~~ Need some high energy food🤨 It's on the previous screen 🌝 #energyfood#dogoftheday#bestlookingcockeranian #dogofinstsgram #포메라니안 #멍스타그램 #dogscorner #bestwoof #weeklyfluff #buzzfeedanimals #bestpuppies #코코스파니엘 #포메코코 #pawstruck #cockerspanielpomeranian mix #cockeranian #pomeranian #pomerspaniel #topdogphoto #myhumanrocks#golden retrieverlook#foreverbabyface
A small but vivacious little friend, the Cockeranian has charm and curiosity in spades. Don’t let their size fool you – they are actually quite active, and bold adventurers. Between their wit and cheerful attitude, Cockeranians are ideal companions.
- Related Read: 8 Best Brushes for Pomeranians
15. Schnocker (Cocker Spaniel and Miniature Schnauzer Mix)
Outgoing, portable, and sporty, the Schnocker makes an excellent family dog in the city or countryside. They are keen ratters and love having space to roam and explore. Though the Miniature Schnauzer can sometimes be aloof, the cheery Cocker Spaniel tempers this breed to make a genial, agreeable dog.
16. Silky Cocker (Cocker Spaniel and Maltese Mix)
Next on our list of Cocker Spaniel mixed breeds is the Silky Cocker. As the name implies, this hybrid breed has a truly glorious coat. Beyond their debonair good looks, the Silky Cocker has an abundance of charisma and affection. These sweet, silky pups can soften even the most jaded person into a puddle of mush with their winning personalities.
17. Spanador (Cocker Spaniel and Labrador Retriever Mix)
View this post on Instagram
Looking stylish in my new @barnabyandjones harness and collar! . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . #cockerdorpuppy #cockerdor #cockador #spanador #cockerdorsofinstagram #cockadorsofinstagram #cockerspaniel #labrador #labradorretriever #puppiesofinstagram #puppy #puppylove #dog #crossbreed #labsofinstagram #cockerspanielsofinstagram #pupoftheday #petsathome #cutedogs #cutepuppy #spaniel #dogstagram #petstagram #scottishdog #scottishdogsofinstagtam #barnabyandjones #barnabyandjonespupstyle
This meeting of the two happiest dog breeds on Earth is a match made in Heaven! Both parent breeds are beloved for their diligence in the hunting field and gentility in the home. The silky fur of the Cocker Spaniel becomes hardier and water-resistant in this mix, making a truly all-weather canine companion.
18. Cockapin (Cocker Spaniel and Miniature Pinscher Mix)
The fearless spirit of the Miniature Pinscher meets the sweetness of the Cocker Spaniel in this compact dog breed. Cockapins are fun-loving, proud, and active little creatures that love to trot around the outdoors with their family.
19. Lha-Cocker (Cocker Spaniel and Lhasa Apso Mix)
Utterly sweet and loving with family, but somewhat aloof with strangers the Lha-Cocker is a sensitive and complex breed. They are smart, confident, and entertaining creatures that love to make their family laugh. Long, lustrous fur means they require much grooming attention.
20. Chin-Ocker (Cocker Spaniel and Japanese Chin Mix)
Small and silky, the Chin-Ocker is a people-loving dog. They have a somewhat “catlike” personality and are bright, upbeat, and amusing creatures that adore attention and have an aristocratic bearing.
21. Cocker Jack (Cocker Spaniel and Jack Russell Terrier Mix)
Clever and upbeat, these compact dogs may surprise you with their agility and athleticism! A Cocker Jack is fast enough to outrun a horse and as fearless as any larger breed when it comes to hunting game. This mix is friendly, sweet, and full of zest!
22. Affen Spaniel (Cocker Spaniel and Affenpinscher Mix)
View this post on Instagram
I’m a super helper! Like when my mom does studio setups, I’ll model for her! She says I’m a great model! #ripleythesuperdog #dogsofinstagram #dog #petphotography #petstagram #affensofinstagram #affenpinscher #cockerspaniel #cockersofinsta #cockersofinstagram #cockermix #muttsofinstagram #affenspaniel #puppies #puppy
The curious little “Monkey Terrier” meets the active and sweet-natured Cocker Spaniel. The resulting mix is an energetic, fun-loving, and happy dog that loves playing outdoor with their family. The stubborn streak often found in terrier may surface, but is mellowed out by the spaniel.
23. Afghan Spaniel (Cocker Spaniel and Afghan Hound Mix)
View this post on Instagram
Alert #dogs #doglife #dogstagram #instadogs #doglovers #instadog #dogloversofinstagram #dogsandpals #petscorner #petsoninstagram #dog #doggo #milo #animals #doggy #spaniel #instacute #adorable #mydog #doggy #dogoftheday #doglover #happydog #lovedogs #doggie #instadaily #afghanhound #afghanspaniel #afghan #mrmiloape
Next on our list of Cocker Spaniel mixed breeds is the Afghan Spaniel. The overtly friendly nature of the Cocker Spaniel is tempered by the aloof and regal Afghan Hound. The Afghan Spaniel is sensitive, loving, and friendly in a dignified sort of way – when you’re chosen by this lavishly furred, doggy royalty, you’ll feel extra special!
24. Cock-A-Mo (Cocker Spaniel and American Eskimo Mix)
Perky, intelligent, and strikingly gorgeous the Cock-A-Mo is the total package! The conservative nature of the American Eskimo dog meets the outgoing Cocker Spaniel, making a well-rounded and upbeat companion.
25. Blue Spaniel (Cocker Spaniel and Australian Cattle Dog Mix)
The keen intelligence of the Blue Heeler and impish wit of the Cocker Spaniel combine to bring you a dog that will regularly outsmart you and keep you giggling. Blue Spaniels are resilient and hardworking and will benefit from ample outdoor exercise.
26. Hush Basset (Cocker Spaniel and Basset Hound Mix)
The Hush Basset brings new meaning to the term “puppy dog eyes,” and will charm the pants off of everyone they meet with their soulful stare. This hybrid is quieter and more tractable than the Basset Hound, and less active than the Cocker Spaniel for a dog that is low key and affectionate.
27. Bocker (Cocker Spaniel and Beagle Mix)
These happy-go-lucky pups are easygoing companions and alert hunters. Bockers have none of the typical hound stubbornness, and are full of good humor and charm!
28. Cock-A-Chon (Cocker Spaniel and Bichon Frise Mix)
Sturdy, peppy, and bursting with personality, the Cock-A-Chon is a sociable and charming dog. They love being the center of attention and entertaining their family just as much as they relish outdoor adventures.
29. Boston Spaniel (Cocker Spaniel and Boston Terrier Mix)
Last on our list of Cocker Spaniel Mixed Breeds is the Boston Spaniel. Boston Spaniels are alert, friendly, and have impeccable manners. These sporty little pups are always up for a lively romp and for meeting new friends. Their size and natural sociability make them perfect for city and country living alike.
So, which Cocker Spaniel mix breed is your favorite?
With the smart, gentle, and upbeat Cocker Spaniel in the mix, you honestly can’t go wrong! We hope this list of popular hybrids may be able to help you narrow down which pup could be your new best friend.
Happy puppy perusing!
You May Also Like:
Featured Image Credit: sontung57, Pixabay
- History and Fun Facts about the Cocker Spaniel
- Cocker Spaniel Mix Breeds
- 1. Cocker Westie (Cocker Spaniel and West Highland White Terrier)
- 2. Cocker Weim (Cocker Spaniel and Weimaraner Mix)
- 3. Corkie (Cocker Spaniel and Yorkshire Terrier Mix)
- 4. Cocker Wheaten (Cocker Spaniel and Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier Mix)
- 5. Kobetan (Cocker Spaniel and Tibetan Terrier Mix)
- 6. Scottish Cocker (Cocker Spaniel and Scottish Terrier Mix)
- 7. Shocker (Cocker Spaniel and Shiba Inu Mix)
- 8. Cock-A-Tzu (Cocker Spaniel and Shih Tzu Mix)
- 9. Rottie Cocker (Cocker Spaniel and Rottweiler Mix)
- 10. Mini St. Bernard (Cocker Spaniel and Saint Bernard Mix)
- 11. Cockapoo (Cocker Spaniel and Standard Poodle Mix)
- 12. Cocker Pug (Cocker Spaniel and Pug Mix)
- 13. Pembroke Cocker Corgi (Cocker Spaniel and Pembroke Welsh Corgi Mix)
- 14. Cockeranian (Cocker Spaniel and Pomeranian Mix)
- 15. Schnocker (Cocker Spaniel and Miniature Schnauzer Mix)
- 16. Silky Cocker (Cocker Spaniel and Maltese Mix)
- 17. Spanador (Cocker Spaniel and Labrador Retriever Mix)
- 18. Cockapin (Cocker Spaniel and Miniature Pinscher Mix)
- 19. Lha-Cocker (Cocker Spaniel and Lhasa Apso Mix)
- 20. Chin-Ocker (Cocker Spaniel and Japanese Chin Mix)
- 21. Cocker Jack (Cocker Spaniel and Jack Russell Terrier Mix)
- 22. Affen Spaniel (Cocker Spaniel and Affenpinscher Mix)
- 23. Afghan Spaniel (Cocker Spaniel and Afghan Hound Mix)
- 24. Cock-A-Mo (Cocker Spaniel and American Eskimo Mix)
- 25. Blue Spaniel (Cocker Spaniel and Australian Cattle Dog Mix)
- 26. Hush Basset (Cocker Spaniel and Basset Hound Mix)
- 27. Bocker (Cocker Spaniel and Beagle Mix)
- 28. Cock-A-Chon (Cocker Spaniel and Bichon Frise Mix)
- 29. Boston Spaniel (Cocker Spaniel and Boston Terrier Mix)