If you’re looking for a good homemade dog treat recipe, you’ll want to consider sweet potatoes. These orange vegetables are great for dogs if you want to learn how to make sweet potato dog treats that are healthy.
But which recipe should you use? Scroll down to find our 10 favorites, including sweet potato chews, chicken & sweet potato biscuits, and more!
Are Sweet Potatoes Good for Dogs?
Yes! Sweet potatoes are full of fiber (good for digestion) and antioxidants (which may help fight off cancer). They support healthy eyes and contain many vitamins and minerals that your dog needs to stay healthy. All that, and they’re a good source of protein!
10 Sweet Potato Dog Treats Recipes:
1. Sweet Potato Dog Biscuits
Sweet potatoes, eggs, flour, and applesauce — what could be simpler? This easy sweet potato dog treat recipe uses common ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen. Get the recipe here.
2. Sweet Potato Dog Chews
This simple recipe only has one ingredient: sweet potatoes! Bake strips of the orange vegetable at low heat for three hours and you’ll have chewy, healthy dog treats. Get the recipe here.
3. Baked Sweet Potato Biscuits
To make these beautiful dog treats, you’ll need a jar of sweet potato baby food, plus classic baking ingredients like flour, oats, and honey. Shape the dough with fun dog-themed cookie cutters and you’ll have a treat fit for a furry king! Get the recipe here.
4. Healthy, Breath-Freshening Dog Treats
For a dog treat that does it all, try this easy recipe! Rachael Ray combines sweet potatoes with tasty peanut butter, healthy carrots, and breath-freshening parsley to make an impressive and delicious treat. Get the recipe here.
5. Circle Sweet Potato Dog Treats
This recipe produces sweet potato dog treats in around three hours. Beyond being a tasty treat, the real innovation here is cutting the sweet potatoes crosswise, which produces fun circular treats. Get the recipe here.
6. Chicken and Sweet Potato Dog Treat Recipe
Looking for something a little less vegetarian? Meat-loving pups will adore this chicken and sweet potato dog treat recipe, which makes biscuits out of shredded chicken breast and boiled sweet potato. Get the recipe here.
7. Apple & Sweet Potato Dog Biscuits
Shredded Gala apples and mashed sweet potatoes come together in this dog-friendly recipe. The resulting biscuits have a fun pretzel-like shape — and a flavor your dogs will love! Get the recipe here.
8. Dehydrated Sweet Potato Treats
If you have a food dehydrator, you’ll love this simple dog treat recipe. Slice up a sweet potato and throw it in your dehydrator for six to seven hours. The result? Slightly crunchy and very healthy sweet potato treats! Get the recipe here.
- Related Read: Can Dogs Eat Yams? What You Need To Know!
9. Sweet Potato Dog Chews
These beautiful sweet potato dog treats cook for six hours in a 200 F oven. That gives you plenty of time to play with your pup and get some work done! Get the recipe here.
10. Carrot & Sweet Potato Dog Biscuits
These bone-shaped dog biscuits look good enough to serve at brunch, but they’re fully dog-friendly! Your dog will love the crunch of these sweet potato biscuits. Get the recipe here.
We hope this list has helped you find your new favorite recipe and that you enjoyed learning how to make sweet potato dog treats. These recipes all use simple ingredients like applesauce, carrots, and shredded chicken. But don’t worry, your dog won’t notice how healthy they are!
Looking for more dog treat recipes?
- 10 Delicious Homemade Frozen Dog Treat Recipes
- The Best Dog Birthday Cake Recipes
- How to Make Grain-Free Dog Treats (10 Recipes)
Featured image credit: pakornkrit, Shutterstock
- 10 Sweet Potato Dog Treats Recipes:
- 1. Sweet Potato Dog Biscuits
- 2. Sweet Potato Dog Chews
- 3. Baked Sweet Potato Biscuits
- 4. Healthy, Breath-Freshening Dog Treats
- 5. Circle Sweet Potato Dog Treats
- 6. Chicken and Sweet Potato Dog Treat Recipe
- 7. Apple & Sweet Potato Dog Biscuits
- 8. Dehydrated Sweet Potato Treats
- 9. Sweet Potato Dog Chews
- 10. Carrot & Sweet Potato Dog Biscuits