The Havanese is a purebred dog breed who, in 2020, has been voted by the American Kennel Club as the 24th most popular dog breed in America. He is part of the toy group, and he only weighs 7 to 13 pounds, most of which is his fluffy and silky coat.
Ever since the communist takeover of Cuba in 1959, when Havaneses made good their rapid escape to America, they have been adored by all. They are described as intelligent, outgoing, and funny, and they have a love for life and a little spring in their step. Bringing joy to all Havanese owners.
With their increasing popularity, they have mixed and mingled with other dog breeds, to create a whole bunch of just-as-cute pups. Thinking of welcoming one of these guys into your life? Take a look at our list of 30 popular Havanese mixed breeds.
1. Havachon (Havanese x Bichon Frise mix)
The Havachon often resembles a cloud, and he is one of the fluffiest dogs on this list. He will weigh between 7 to 18 pounds and has the cutest button eyes. Don’t let his handsome looks fool you. He has both brains and beauty and will be performing circus tricks in no time.
2. Cavanese (Havanese x Cavalier King Charles Spaniel mix)
This guy is the most sophisticated doggy on this list, thanks to his King Charles Spaniel genes. He loves to be waited on paw and foot, and he will allow you to cuddle him all day long. He sports the brown and white jacket, and like all mixes here, it’ll be very fluffy.
3. Havaton (Havanese x Coton de Tulear mix)
The Havaton is another fluffy dog, but it is this guy’s sense of humor that steals the show here. Very comical and full of games to play, he loves to spend most of his day goofing and romping around. This exotic Madagascan mix is full of energy and needs to be placed with an active family.
4. Cheenese (Havanese x Chihuahua mix)
The Cheenese is a protective little pooch who will stand in the way of danger for his family. He can be quite a barky pooch, but thanks to the Havanese genes, he should be a bit more mellow. With a shorter coat, big ears, and bug-like eyes, he looks quirky.
5. Havaco (Havanese x Cocker Spaniel mix)
The Havaco is a friendly pooch who loves to get down and dirty in the country. Being a part hunting dog, he will probably follow his nose more than your commands, but this is all part of his charm. He is sweet-natured and very gentle. His ears are bound to be long and wavy, and he will weigh up to 30 pounds.
6. Hava-Apso (Havanese x Lhasa Apso mix)
The Hava-Apso is one of the more obvious mixes on this list considering how similar his parents look. This little lion-dog mix will keep you on your toes, but he’ll also love to snooze his afternoons away. Thankfully his coat won’t shed too much, but you’ll still need to brush it daily.
7. Havamalt (Havanese x Maltese mix)
This is one of the most popular mixes on this list, and another small pooch weighing in at only 7 to 13 pounds. The Havamalt craves human company and will become your second shadow for sure. His coat will be brilliant whitee with the odd splash of brown from the Havanese parent.
8. Havallon (Havanese x Papillon mix)
The Havallon’s coat is silky and very human-like, and it’ll take daily brushing to keep his hair from matting. Especially around those butterfly ears of his. He is very family-oriented, and being a spaniel breed, he is very active and needs a lot of mental stimulation.
9. Havapoo (Havanese x Poodle mix)
There aren’t many breeds that haven’t been mixed with the Poodle, and here is the Havanese doodle version. Also known as the Poovanese or the Havadoodle, he is one of the most popular on this list. His fluffy coat and loose curls need daily grooming, but he will love the extra attention.
10. Puganese (Havanese x Pug mix)
The Puganese is another brachycephalic breed mix that will snore throughout the night. With his shorter coat and skin folds, this chubby-looking canine is adorable. He is mischievous and full of character, and if you can’t see or hear him, he’s probably up to no good.
11. Havashu (Havanese x Shih Tzu mix)
The Havashu is another expected mix, whose parents are very similar to one another. This means that although he is a mixed breed, you know roughly what to expect from him. He is a healthy pooch who can live up to 18 years of age. He is very affectionate and gentle, making him an excellent canine sibling for children.
12. Havashire (Havanese x Yorkshire Terrier mix)
The Havashire is a spunky guy who is full of beans and terrier tenacity. He loves to play games with his family, and will not give up until he wins! This feisty little pooch has a lot of personality and attitude, but this is why everyone loves him. He is a loving family addition who wants plenty of cuddles.
13. Havanestie (Havanese x Westland Terrier mix)
The Havanestie is an independent dog whose favorite pastime is protecting his yard by chasing those pesky rats and squirrels away. Thankfully, because of his intelligent and eager-to-please Havanese genes, he will be much easier to train. His petite but stocky body will keep you warm every night.
14. Dualanese (Havanese x Bolognese mix)
The Dualanese is the best of both worlds and double the ‘nese trouble. Thankfully though, he is no real trouble at all, just sweet-tempered doggy goodness that we all love and adore. This guy doesn’t like to be left alone, so he needs to be placed with a family that can spend most of their time with him.
- Related Read: 8 Havanese Haircuts in 2020: Your Dog Will Love These
15. Cairnese (Havanese x Cairn Terrier mix)
The Cairnese will inherit the spunky terrier personality that keeps everyone entertained for hours. He will love to terrorize the local cats, so be sure to reinforce your yard. Otherwise, he’ll be off like a shot. His coat might be a little wirier than his Havanese parent’s soft coat, which will need daily brushing.
16. Havajack (Havanese x Jack Russell Terrier mix)
The Havajack is a bit of a Jack-the-lad, and he needs a family that will be able to keep up with his outgoing and daring personality. Inheriting some of the best ratting genes, if you’ve got a pest problem, he will sort it out in no time. Always up for a game, there is never a dull moment with a Havajack about.
17. Schnese (Havanese x Miniature Schnauzer mix)
The Schnese is a bossy boots dog who knows what he wants. Thanks to his more obedient Havanese genes, he should be much easier to train than a Miniature Schnauzer. But expect naughty days with the Schnese (we all have off days, right?) Full of character, he will capture the hearts of most, especially with that mini-mustache of his.
18. Havapeke (Havanese x Pekingese mix)
The Havapeke is a short pooch, but he isn’t short of character. His coat will be long and fluffy, and you’ll easily mistake him for a pair of slippers. He is a loving, loyal, and very regal dog who expects the best treatment. He usually inherits the long ears and flat face of the Pekingese too.
19. Ewokian (Havanese x Pomeranian mix)
The Ewokian has the only name on this list that has nothing to do with his parent’s names. Instead, it is based solely on his resemblance to Ewok in Star Wars. If you don’t know what this is, google it, you won’t be disappointed! One of the smaller mixes on this list, he is only content when he is with you, so pop this Ewok-lookalike in your handbag to keep him happy.
20. Havaklee (Havanese x Alaskan Klee Kai mix)
One of the lesser-known Havanese mixes, he is also one of the most striking looking canine combinations. His other parent is known as the little Husky, and he will usually inherit the bright blue eyes and facial mask. With the Klee Kai genes, you need to expect that he will be super energetic and so he should be placed with an active family.
21. Havawheat (Havanese x Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier mix)
The Havawheat is the second-largest dog mix on this list, so if it is a larger than life Havanese mix that you’re after then look no further than the Havawheat. With the softest fur and shimmering golden tones, he is a beautiful dog. He is a cheeky terrier who will always be up for a game of fetch.
22. Hava-Boston (Havanese x Boston Terrier mix)
The Hava-Boston is another big-eared breed. You could easily confuse him with the above Frenchnese, except this guy is much more slender. He will typically look like a Boston Terrier but with a lot more hair. He is friendly and bright, and with a little training, he could be a very obedient pooch.
23. Crested Havanese (Havanese x Chinese Crested mix)
The Crested Havanese is a playful and surprisingly robust mixed breed. His coat will likely fall somewhere in the middle of both of his parent’s breeds, so he will not be fluffy nor hairless. He is a confident but sensitive pooch who will crave the company of his human pack. As such, he needs to be placed with a family that can spend a lot of time with him.
24. Havachin (Havanese x Japanese Chin mix)
The Havachin inherits his feline qualities from his Japanese parent, and he loves to laze the day away in his master’s lap. This noble canine is a bit more boisterous thanks to his Havanese parent and is a well-balanced pooch. His coat is silky soft and needs regular grooming, but thankfully he loves to be pampered.
25. Beaglenese (Havanese x Beagle mix)
The Beaglenese not only has bundles of energy, but he also has a seriously powerful nose that will lead him to trouble. He can be stubborn, which sometimes makes him a little difficult to train. But, he is more eager to please than his Beagle parent. With long ears and big eyes, the Beaglenese will be a heart stealer for sure.
26. Australian Havanese (Havanese x Australian Shepherd mix)
The Australian Havanese is an energetic dude who might try to herd you and your family. Once you have taught him not to do this, he is a bright little dog who will be performing tricks in no time. He will usually inherit the stunning merle coat of the Aussie, and the bright blue eyes, just in miniature form.
27. Dachvanese (Havanese x Dachshund mix)
The Dachvanese is another long and short Havanese mix, who is full of feisty character. This guy can get a little protective of his family, but he is also very affectionate and loving with them. He often looks like a wiry long-haired Dachshund, complete with big paddle paws.
28. Golden Havanese (Havanese x Golden Retriever Mix)
Last but certainly not least, the Golden Havanese. This boy is by far the heaviest and biggest on this list. He will usually look like a bigger Havenese but with the golden sheen of his Retriever parent. He is so friendly, loving, and always up for a game. He would suit most families, especially those with children.
The Wrap Up
So there you are, 30 of the very best Havanese mixes, and there is something for everyone and every family on this list. No matter who you choose to invite into your family, know that you’ll have a spunky little guy who is always up for a bit of fun and cuddle time.
- 1. Havachon (Havanese x Bichon Frise mix)
- 2. Cavanese (Havanese x Cavalier King Charles Spaniel mix)
- 3. Havaton (Havanese x Coton de Tulear mix)
- 4. Cheenese (Havanese x Chihuahua mix)
- 5. Havaco (Havanese x Cocker Spaniel mix)
- 6. Hava-Apso (Havanese x Lhasa Apso mix)
- 7. Havamalt (Havanese x Maltese mix)
- 8. Havallon (Havanese x Papillon mix)
- 9. Havapoo (Havanese x Poodle mix)
- 10. Puganese (Havanese x Pug mix)
- 11. Havashu (Havanese x Shih Tzu mix)
- 12. Havashire (Havanese x Yorkshire Terrier mix)
- 13. Havanestie (Havanese x Westland Terrier mix)
- 14. Dualanese (Havanese x Bolognese mix)
- 15. Cairnese (Havanese x Cairn Terrier mix)
- 16. Havajack (Havanese x Jack Russell Terrier mix)
- 17. Schnese (Havanese x Miniature Schnauzer mix)
- 18. Havapeke (Havanese x Pekingese mix)
- 19. Ewokian (Havanese x Pomeranian mix)
- 20. Havaklee (Havanese x Alaskan Klee Kai mix)
- 21. Havawheat (Havanese x Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier mix)
- 22. Hava-Boston (Havanese x Boston Terrier mix)
- 23. Crested Havanese (Havanese x Chinese Crested mix)
- 24. Havachin (Havanese x Japanese Chin mix)
- 25. Beaglenese (Havanese x Beagle mix)
- 26. Australian Havanese (Havanese x Australian Shepherd mix)
- 27. Dachvanese (Havanese x Dachshund mix)
- 28. Golden Havanese (Havanese x Golden Retriever Mix)
- The Wrap Up