There are many DIY projects that you can do to make your dog’s life more enjoyable, from DIY dog sweaters to elevated dog bed frames. DIY dog teepees are fun to build and are a fraction of the cost of a store-bought dog teepee. If you’ve got the supplies and want to give your dog a luxurious teepee bed, here are 10 DIY dog teepees you can build at home:
1. DIY Dog Tent – Woodshop Diaries
If you’re looking for an easy and fun sewing project, this DIY Dog Tent teepee pattern is the perfect project to do. This pattern is especially neat because of the stripes in the fabric line up for a more finished look. It’s also a must-have for doggy photoshoots.
- Definitely household scissors -- Great for cutting burlap, paper, cardboard, light line, fabric,...
- 3 Pairs of Quality Straight Handled Scissors -- They are strongly allow you to make precise cuts...
2. DIY Dog Teepee – Dogsaholic
Give your dog a calm place to snooze with this no-sew DIY Dog Teepee. You only need a few materials and some dowel rods to make a Pinterest-worthy dog teepee. It’s got a sleek finished look that will have everyone asking where you bought it.
- STURDY, STRAIGHT, STRONG STICKS – These wooden dowel rods are made from premium quality Birch...
- EASY-TO-USE SMOOTH WOOD – No need to worry about getting splinters or hurting yourself when...
3. No-Sew DIY Teepee – Coffee with Summer
This simple no-sew teepee is an easy and quick tutorial. You can use any fabric you like for different styles and looks, and it’s the perfect hideout for your companion. The best part is that it takes less than an hour to assemble.
4. Quick and Easy DIY Dog Teepee – Sarah Scoop
With some painter’s canvas and a hot glue gun, you can make a great no-sew pet teepee in under sixty minutes. This pattern shows you how to make the teepee and hang a chalkboard sign with your pet’s name on it. You can also decorate the fabric beforehand for a more personalized look.
- PRACTICAL: Seams Only on the Edges Enables You to Freely Create Your Next Masterpiece Without...
- BREAKTHROUGH: 6 x 9 Size Ensures You Can Cover, Protect, and Create What You Need – Use for...
5. Ombre Dog Teepee – Be Makeful
If you’re looking for a more challenging teepee DIY project, this Dog Teepee project is a homemade teepee that you can dye into an ombre style for a modern look. It’s not too difficult, but it requires a few more materials than most DIY projects. Thankfully, this one is a no-sew teepee.
- The product is a Rite Dye Liquid Dye Bottle, 8-Ounce, Pearl Gray
- Enhance your home with a perfect mix of form and function
6. How to Make a DIY Pet Teepee – American Lifestyle Magazine
Let your dog live a life of luxury with this American Lifestyle Magazine Teepee pattern. It’s simple to make and looks great in any room of your home. Your dog will also love this teepee and it makes a great pet Christmas gift, too.
- 1/8" COTTON SASH CORD ROPE
- AVAILABLE IN 3 OR 5 YARDS
7. DIY Teepee No Sew Tutorial – Home Stories A to Z
This quick and easy DIY Teepee pattern uses PVC pipes instead of dowel rods for a different structure. It’s a great option if you can’t find any dowel rods or other types of teepee supports. This teepee is also a no-sew project, so you don’t need to bring out the sewing machine.
- High quality dock line designed to absorb dynamic shock loads
- Flexible and easy to handle
8. Pet Teepee House – Instructables
This is a neat Pet Teepee House that requires a sewing machine, but it has a pet pillow pattern as well as a teepee pattern. This teepee is a great pet bed and can be decorated with lights and ribbons for a more customized look. While it’s not the easiest DIY teepee, it’s a great pattern to try.
- Material: Plastic
- Flexible and water resistant, can be bent into any shape and cut into any length
9. How to Make your Own Pet Teepee – Pet Central
If you want a more durable teepee in case you have an energetic puppy, this DIY Pet Teepee uses anti-skid pads to keep it from sliding around. This pattern is a no-sew DIY tutorial, with only a few extra materials required.
- MAKE AN ENTRANCE – If you want to make an entrance rather than slide and block it, then you need...
- FOR ALL TYPES OF SHOES – Our fab feet non-slip shoe pads work on all types of shoes. These rubber...
10. How to Make a Teepee – Julie Blanner
This DIY teepee may be geared more towards humans, but it’s such a good design that it had to go on our list. It’s relatively easy to make and it’s a great snuggle spot for both you and your dog. Grab a book and enjoy some doggy cuddles with this DIY no-sew teepee.
Featured Image: Pet Central
Emily started this blog out of pure passion. She LOVES her 3 dogs; Chew Barka, Cooper & Nelson, and spends countless hours every day playing with them.
When she’s not nerding out on dogs, you’ll find her on a snowboard or in the kitchen baking chocolate brownies.
She’s been featured in PetAware, Dogtime, and ModernDog.
- 1. DIY Dog Tent – Woodshop Diaries
- 2. DIY Dog Teepee – Dogsaholic
- 3. No-Sew DIY Teepee – Coffee with Summer
- 4. Quick and Easy DIY Dog Teepee – Sarah Scoop
- 5. Ombre Dog Teepee – Be Makeful
- 6. How to Make a DIY Pet Teepee – American Lifestyle Magazine
- 7. DIY Teepee No Sew Tutorial – Home Stories A to Z
- 8. Pet Teepee House – Instructables
- 9. How to Make your Own Pet Teepee – Pet Central
- 10. How to Make a Teepee – Julie Blanner