The Boston Terrier is affectionately known as the American Gentleman. And with a nickname like that, you know you’re in for a canine delight. He is described as friendly, bright, and amusing. After a hard day’s work being the family clown, he is more than happy to lay on your lap and snuggle the night away.
This small gentleman measures between 15 and 17 inches tall and weighs 12 to 25 pounds. His coat is short and sleek, and it resembles a tuxedo jacket, which is where his nickname comes from. He has larger than life ears that tower above his flat face and large smiley eyes.
Being so beautiful, inside and out, he was bound to join in the doggie designer fun. And here we have found 23 of the best Boston Terrier mixes around. So, let’s take a closer look.
1. Frenchton (Boston Terrier x French Bulldog)
The Frenchton is the most obvious mix here. He finds himself halfway between the size of the Boston Terrier and the French Bulldog, you’ll be forgiven if you can’t tell which parent he takes after more. His will definitely inherit the bat ears of both of his parents, and a cheeky grin that stretches from ear to ear.
2. Pomston (Boston Terrier x Pomeranian)https://www.instagram.com/p/BwYmqMlA26h
The Pomston tends to take the body of the Pom and the head of the Boston. This little fluffer has a crazy coat that needs brushing daily to prevent matting. Being a lapdog, he is bound to cover you in hair. But if you can put up with the fuzz, expect a lot of love and doggy kisses.
3. Brusston (Boston Terrier x Brussels Griffon)
One of the lesser-known mixes, the Brusston is a character that you cannot ignore, no matter how small he is. His skinny little legs, mustache, and goofy grin make him a quirky looking pup. Both of his parents are lively and comical, so expect this guy to be double the fun.
4. Bojack (Boston Terrier x Jack Russell Terrier)
The Bojack is one of the coolest kids on the block, and his athleticism needs to be taken seriously. He must be placed with a family that can exercise him enough. Otherwise, he’ll become naughty and destructive. But if you can offer him what he wants, he’ll provide you with hours of free entertainment.
5. Hava-Boston (Boston Terrier x Havanese)
The Hava-Boston looks a lot like the Boston, but with much more hair. He is friendly and affectionate and makes a great canine housemate. He is also very intelligent and picks up tricks quickly, eager to put a smile on your face. These qualities combine to create a bright and obedient mixed breed.
6. Boglen Terrier (Boston Terrier x Beagle)
The Boglen Terrier has the most talented nose on this list, so if you are looking for a scent tracker, look no further than this guy. As long as he gets an hour of sniffing time every day, he is happy to do whatever you want for the rest of it. His ears will either be long and erect, long and droopy, or maybe even one of each.
7. Boshih (Boston Terrier x Shih Tzu)
The Boshih is a cute little guy who is very affectionate and loving with his family. He makes a great canine sibling for children, and he gets on well with other family pets. His coat will be medium length, and he will need daily brushing.
8. Bostchon (Boston Terrier x Bichon Frise)
The Bostchon is a snowy white pooch who will shed less than the average dog, but he still needs brushing to keep his curly fur from matting. He is a merry dog who has a real zest for life, and his cheeky smile will brighten up your day for sure.
9. Boston Bulldog (Boston Terrier x English Bulldog)https://www.instagram.com/p/B0ZfXEHgkUH
The Boston Bulldog is one of the larger guys on this list, and he can weigh anywhere up to 40 pounds in weight. As both of his parents are brachycephalic breeds, he will have a flat face, and with that comes a lot of snuffling and snoring. He shouldn’t be as lazy as his Bulldog parent, but he will still be stubborn. Expect lots of chunk and rolls with this guy.
10. Bodach (Boston Terrier x Dachshund)
The Bodach is a long boy who will inherit the Dachshund’s stumpy legs. His head will not be as narrow, and his grin will stretch from floppy ear to floppy ear. He is a confident pooch who will protect his master, and thankfully he’ll be less aggravated than his sausage parent. His coat will be short and shiny.
11. Sharbo (Boston Terrier x Chinese Shar-Pei)
The Sharbo is a wrinkly pooch who will probably inherit the blue tongue of his Chinese parent. His coat will be short, and it will either be super sleek or coarse and rough depending on which parent he takes after. His Shar-Pei parent is a very challenging dog, so this guy is a much easier canine to handle.
12. Boston Spaniel (Boston Terrier x Cocker Spaniel)
Despite his pretty appearance, the Boston Spaniel is an active canine who needs a lot of physical and mental stimulation to keep him happy. If this is something that you can give this boy, you will be rewarded in many canine kisses and tons of affection. He will inherit the longer and wavier coat of the Spaniel, with long droopy ears too.
13. Chibo (Boston Terrier x Chihuahua)
The Chibo is another little character that is feisty and bolshy. Don’t let his small size fool you, he will chase away intruders without second-guessing himself. Depending on his Mexican parent’s coat, he could inherit a short or medium length jacket, which sports a wide variety of colors. The Chibo’s big bug-like eyes are his main feature.
14. Bugg (Boston Terrier x Pug)
The Bugg is another brachycephalic breed who will definitely have the flat face of both of his parents. This guy will have a broad smile, big eyes and ears, and sometimes a curly piggy tail to boot. He is energetic, but be careful on warmer days, because this guy can quickly wear himself out.
15. Bostinese (Boston Terrier x Pekingese)
The Bostinese is a taller version of the Pekingese, and his coat is a lot shorter, too, making him an easier to care for pooch. He will have a flat face, often with an underbite, and big buggy eyes. His quirky appearance matches his quirky personality in that he has many feline qualities. You’ll often find this guy wherever you are.
16. Miniature Boston Pinscher (Boston Terrier x Miniature Pinscher)
The Miniature Boston Pinscher is just that, a miniature version of the Boston Terrier, with skinnier legs and a narrower face. He will usually inherit the black and rust colors and markings of the Pinscher pooch, but with much more prominent eyes. His Pinscher parent is known as the ‘King of Toy Dogs’, so you should expect a lot of fun with him around.
17. Bossipoo (Boston Terrier x Poodle)
No mixed list is complete without a Poodle hybrid, and this is where the Bossipoo steps in. With his longer and curlier hair, this fuzzy Boston mix is adorable and a little hypoallergenic. This is one of the main appeals of poodle crosses. He is also surprisingly energetic and fun, and he will keep you on your toes.
18. Boston Lab (Boston Terrier x Labrador Retriever)
Because the Labrador is the number one dog in America, it is only right that the Boston Lab earns a place on this Boston mix list. He is one of the largest mixes here, and he is a sturdy and stocky boy with plenty of energy. If you are after a sizeable version of the Boston, this is the pup for you.
19. Bostillon (Boston Terrier x Papillon)
The Bostillon is another mix that will inherit the larger than life ears of both parents. His hair will be long and feathery, especially around his butterfly ears, which will need plenty of grooming attention. He is a kind and affectionate little pup who will love to snuggle in the nook of your arm.
20. Bosapso (Boston Terrier x Lhasa Apso)
The Bosapso is a lovable little lion-dog who will need a lot of love and attention from his family. He is an elegant dog, but one who isn’t afraid to get silly with his loved ones. His coat could grow to the floor if he takes after his Lhasa parent and if you allow it, but many opt for the short teddybear cut for ease.
21. Cairoston (Boston Terrier x Cairn Terrier)
The Cairn Terrier is one of the lesser-known dog breeds here, and as such, he is also a c. He is also a terrier, so expect double the terrier trouble. But this appeals to many because you are guaranteed a live wire pooch. His long coat is likely to be a little rough to the touch, so be sure to groom him daily to prevent matting.
22. Boxton (Boston Terrier x Boxer)
The Boxton is another comical canine and one whose primary goal is to make his family laugh. He is one of the most energetic on this list, and as such, he should be placed with a family that can provide him with lots of exercise and attention. He will be taller, stockier, and squarer compared to his Boston parent.
23. Bostaffy (Boston Terrier x Staffordshire Bull Terrier)
The Bostaffy often looks like an equal blend of both of his parents. He has got a square Staffy head, and his cheeky grin is enough to melt the hardest of hearts. As with any ‘pitbull-type’ mix, remember to check out your local laws and tenancy agreements. If you’re good to go, you’re in for a fun relationship with the Bostaffy.
The Wrap Up
The Boston Terrier has created many beautiful hybrid puppies, all of who are different in their own way. This means that there is a Boston mix out there for everyone, and hopefully, you are well on your way to deciding who is the luckiest boy on this list.
Featured Image Credit: Eve Photography, Shutterstock
- 1. Frenchton (Boston Terrier x French Bulldog)
- 2. Pomston (Boston Terrier x Pomeranian)
- 3. Brusston (Boston Terrier x Brussels Griffon)
- 4. Bojack (Boston Terrier x Jack Russell Terrier)
- 5. Hava-Boston (Boston Terrier x Havanese)
- 6. Boglen Terrier (Boston Terrier x Beagle)
- 7. Boshih (Boston Terrier x Shih Tzu)
- 8. Bostchon (Boston Terrier x Bichon Frise)
- 9. Boston Bulldog (Boston Terrier x English Bulldog)
- 10. Bodach (Boston Terrier x Dachshund)
- 11. Sharbo (Boston Terrier x Chinese Shar-Pei)
- 12. Boston Spaniel (Boston Terrier x Cocker Spaniel)
- 13. Chibo (Boston Terrier x Chihuahua)
- 14. Bugg (Boston Terrier x Pug)
- 15. Bostinese (Boston Terrier x Pekingese)
- 16. Miniature Boston Pinscher (Boston Terrier x Miniature Pinscher)
- 17. Bossipoo (Boston Terrier x Poodle)
- 18. Boston Lab (Boston Terrier x Labrador Retriever)
- 19. Bostillon (Boston Terrier x Papillon)
- 20. Bosapso (Boston Terrier x Lhasa Apso)
- 21. Cairoston (Boston Terrier x Cairn Terrier)
- 22. Boxton (Boston Terrier x Boxer)
- 23. Bostaffy (Boston Terrier x Staffordshire Bull Terrier)
- The Wrap Up