If you are the lucky owner of a Husky, you are familiar with their loyalty, energy, and sweet nature. You are also probably waging a war against some serious fur on your upholstery. As a longer haired dog, it is important to keep their coats as healthy and cared for as possible.
With that being said, how do you choose the right shampoo? There are so many different options available, it can be difficult to determine which one is going to be effective. This is where we come in to help. We have reviewed the seven best shampoos for Huskies.
In the article below, we will share all the important info on issues like effectiveness, ingredients, smell, and shedding control. We will provide a buyer’s guide, as well, to further help you find the right shampoo for your furry pet.
A Quick Look at our Favorite Picks in 2020:
|Best Overall||Pro Pet Works Oatmeal Dog Shampoo||
|Best Value||FURminator DeShedding Dog Shampoo||
|Premium Choice||Rocco & Roxie Dog Shampoo||
|Earthbath All Natural 2-in-1 Dog Shampoo||
|Healthy Breeds Whitening Husky Dog Shampoo||
The 7 Best Shampoos for Huskies:
1. Pro Pet Works Oatmeal Dog Shampoo – Best Overall
Our overall favorite pick for a Husky Shampoo is the Pro Pet Works k3710 Oatmeal Pet Shampoo. This formula is designed to clean your pet’s fur while also nourishing dry and sensitive skin. This shampoo is all-natural and Ph balanced making it perfect for your pup.
The Pro Pet is non-toxic, plus it contains no alcohol, sulfates, dyes, fragrance, harsh chemicals or parabens. The natural and organic formula uses aloe and almond oil, as well as, vitamin A, D, and E to nourish your Huskies skin and coat. Not only that, but it is 100 percent biodegradable and made from recycled materials.
This shampoo is made without detergents or soaps. It is hypoallergenic making it great for the most sensitive pups, and it will not irritate their skin. What’s more, the pleasing cherry scent will last for weeks on end. Made in the USA, the Pro Pet was designed for Huskies with food, grass, or flea bite allergies. It is easy to lather and rinse and comes in a 17-ounce bottle.
2. FURminator DeShedding Dog Shampoo – Best Value
If you are on the lookout for an affordable shampoo for your Husky, the FURminator 285307 Premium Dog Shampoo is the right option for you. Available in either a 16-ounce or one-gallon bottle, this formula was designed to prevent and control excess shedding.
Made in the USA, this shampoo is enriched with Omega-3 and -6 fatty acids to help keep your pet’s coat shiny and soft. It also contains calendula and papaya leaf extract to help control shedding and nourish the skin.
The FURminator is made without parabens or dyes. It is easy to lather and rinse, plus it will not cause any build-up in your pet’s fur. Although this shampoo is non-toxic, the only drawback of note is it is not an all-natural formula. Otherwise, this is the best shampoo for huskies for the money.
If your huskies coat needs some serious TLC, you should try the Rocco & Roxie Dog Shampoo. This formula features an oatmeal base to help soothe and nourish dry skin and fur. It has a pleasant argan oil scent that will last on your pet’s coat and will not cause any build-up.
The Rocco & Roxie is made without any dyes, parabens, alcohol, or phosphates. Instead, you can find nourishing ingredients such as Moroccan argan oil, vitamin A, and geranium extra to further soothe and help detangle your Huskies coat. What’s more, it will lather up quickly, however, it does take longer for this formula to rinse away. If you have a pup that does not like to stand and get sprayed down, this might not be the best option.
That being said, this shampoo is a hypoallergenic and has an all-natural formula. It comes in a 32-ounce bottle and is very effective at conditioning and helping create a shiny coat. The only other drawback of note is this shampoo is more costly than others.
4. Earthbath All Natural 2-in-1 Dog Shampoo
The Earthbath PM1P All Natural Pet Shampoo is available in a 16-ounce bottle and acts as a two in one shampoo. It has been formulated to not only condition your pet’s fur but also to help detangle knotted hair that can eventually turn into mats.
This shampoo has a mango-tang scent that can be somewhat strong for both pets and their owners. On the other hand, the ingredients are 100 percent natural and do not contain any harsh chemicals. What this formula does have is aloe and mango essence to condition and nourish the skin and fur.
Made in the USA, the Earthbath is biodegradable and eco-friendly. You will be able to lather up your pup’s fur quickly, however, the rinse process can take longer. All in all, this is a solid detangling and conditioning shampoo for your Husky.
5. Healthy Breeds Whitening Husky Dog Shampoo
If you have a white or light-colored Husky, this shampoo is a good choice for brightening their coat. The Healthy Breeds 1063-sibh-001 Whitening Dog Shampoo comes in a 12-ounce bottle, and it is an oatmeal-based formula.
Featuring a nice Pina Colada scent, the Healthy Breeds shampoo not only brightens up a dull coat, but it also helps condition and detangle your pup’s fur. This product does not use any bleach in their formula; however, you should note there are both parabens and dyes within the shampoo.
On a positive note, this shampoo is tearless and pH balanced. It is also protein enriched to help care for your pet’s skin, yet the shampoo can cause build-up even when it is rinsed out thoroughly. What’s more, the scent does not last long. Made in the USA, be advised that while this shampoo will brighten a dull coat, it is not meant for use on under eye stains.
6. Perfect Coat Dog Shed Control Shampoo
In the number six spot, we have the Perfect Coat 26851006367 Shed Control Shampoo. As the name states, this formula is designed to reduce the amount of shed your Husky will have after bath time. It is available in either a 16 or 32-ounce bottle.
The Perfect Coat has antioxidants and Omega-3 fatty acids to strengthen and nourish your pup’s skin and fur. It has a tropic mist fragrance, although it is strong and many dogs (and owners) are not a fan of the overpowering odor. What’s more, this shampoo also contains artificial fragrances.
Besides fragrance, this shampoo also contains parabens. It is more difficult to lather and rinse, plus the nourishing ingredients are last on the list. That being said, it has aloe to help soothe the skin, and it will not cause build up in your Huskies fur.
7. Friends Forever Natural Dog Shampoo
Our final pick is the Friends Forever PET66-162 Natural Dog Shampoo. Available in a 16-ounce bottle, this is a coconut-based conditioner and soap lotion. It is hypoallergenic and provides relief from dry and itchy skin. You will also find this shampoo to be tearless and dandruff free.
Beyond that, this natural formula is made in the USA and has a strong and unpleasant green apple scent. That being said, the shampoo uses chamomile extract, oatmeal, lavender extract, and aloe to help nourish your dog’s skin and fur. Unfortunately, it does not do a credible job and leaves the fur with build-up. The scent, although unpleasant, also does not last long.
Overall, this is our least favorite option for a shampoo for your Husky. Not only is the formula ineffective, but it is also hard to lather and rinse.
How to Find the Best Shampoo For Your Husky:
Important Things to Know About Husky Shampoo
Your Huskies coat is something that needs to be looked after with care. Although they do not need to be bathed that often, their coat must be combed at least once a week to keep knots and mats at bay.
That being said, besides being a stinky dog, there may be other reasons why your pet needs to have a bath. Issues such as dry skin, dull coats, and excess shedding are all reasons to give your pup some bath time.
Below, let’s take a look at the common ingredients used to treat Husky fur concerns:
- Oatmeal: Oatmeal is a gentle conditioner for your pet’s skin and fur. It will help keep the coat soft while also helping reduce odors.
- Omegas: Omega-3 and -6 are great if your pet has sensitive skin. It will help reduce inflammation and allergies. Not only that, but it can also help condition both the skin and fur.
- Aloe: Aloe is found in many dog shampoos for its healing properties. Like the omegas, aloe will help soothe irritated skin while also helping condition and strength while it is at it.
- Vitamins: Vitamins are another ingredient you want to watch for. Specifically, A, D, E, these nutrients are great at strengthening the hair follicle and keeping your pet’s coat healthy from the inside out.
- Extracts and Oils: These two ingredients can vary depending on the brand and shampoo. Many extracts and oils also provide fragrance. For the most part, this type of ingredient is going to help condition and provide a healthy and shiny looking coat. Some extracts can also help soothe skin, such as aloe extract.
These ingredients are going to help your Huskies coat stay healthy, shiny, and strong. That being said, there are some ingredients you want to stay away from. Not only can they dry out the skin and fur, but they can also cause an imbalance within your pooch’s system.
Here are the basic ingredients to avoid:
- Artificial fragrance and dyes
- Mineral oil
- Harsh chemicals
Now that we have ingredients covered, there are a few more things you want to consider while picking a shampoo for your four-legged friend. Take a look at these features:
- All-Natural: An all-natural formula is not going to contain any of the harmful ingredients above which will keep your pet’s skin and fur from drying out or becoming damaged.
- pH Balanced: This is another important aspect, and it is what separates our shampoo from doggie brands. Dogs have a different Ph balance than us, and shampoos formulated correctly will promote healthy fur.
- Hypoallergenic: If your Husky has sensitive skin, hypoallergenic formulas are going to work best during bath time. Not only will it not irritate their skin further, but it also helps to soothe any preexisting skin issues.
- Shed Control: This is a very important aspect for many Husky friends, as their “blown” coat season can last for three weeks. This type of shampoo will help reduce the amount of undercoat they will be shedding on your furniture.
- Detangling: With such thick fur that is medium to long, a detangling shampoo can be helpful. This is especially true if you have not been able to groom your Husky frequently.
We hope you have enjoyed the information above on the best shampoo for your Husky. Hopefully, our reviews will help you pick out the right choice for your pet to keep their coat looking healthy, shiny, and strong.
In our opinion, the Pro Pet Works k3710 Oatmeal Pet Shampoo is the best option out there. Not only is it all-natural, but it is effective at nourishing your pup’s fur and skin. If you need a more affordable option, the FURminator 285307 Premium Dog shampoo has all the great nutrients you need for a lower price.
- A Quick Look at our Favorite Picks in 2020:
- The 7 Best Shampoos for Huskies:
- 1. Pro Pet Works Oatmeal Dog Shampoo – Best Overall
- 2. FURminator DeShedding Dog Shampoo – Best Value
- 3. Rocco & Roxie Dog Shampoo – Premium Choice
- 4. Earthbath All Natural 2-in-1 Dog Shampoo
- 5. Healthy Breeds Whitening Husky Dog Shampoo
- 6. Perfect Coat Dog Shed Control Shampoo
- 7. Friends Forever Natural Dog Shampoo
- How to Find the Best Shampoo For Your Husky: