Welcome to DoggieDesigner! Our goal is to help you take care of your dogs and learn all about all things canine. We know that finding the best products for your dogs can be time-consuming, and sometimes overwhelming, which is why we aim to make the process enjoyable for you and create the most comprehensive and beneficial reviews.
When we review dog food and equipment, we try to look at all aspects, from price and quality to design and guarantees. Our time and energy is put into finding and testing the best products on the market, and we hope that our in-depth reviews help you make the most informed decision possible. Your time is precious, so no matter what you’re looking for, you’ll want to avoid wasting it (and your money) on inferior products. You and your dog deserve the best!
We like to be transparent about where our reviews come from, so below, we’ve included the process our editors and reviewers use:
Our Review Process
- Thoroughly research the wonderful and wide world of dogs.
- Find new and interesting products on the market that deserve a closer look. Our editors and reviewers independently select products to review, keeping an eye on the new and innovative products and the classics.
- Look at what other customers are saying, using big-name websites like Amazon and Chewy.
- Put the best products to the test and see what our doggy experts think about them. Unfortunately, we can’t test every product. However, we’re getting our hands on as many as we possibly can, because there’s really nothing better than testing something yourself (and with your pup)!
- Consult with certified veterinarians when relevant. We try to be as accurate and helpful as possible, so we consult with veterinarians to make sure we have our science and recommendations right – though we do still recommend you trust your dog’s vet for any medical recommendations (see our Medical Disclaimer below).
What makes an online review site trustworthy?
There is an endless supply of websites out there competing for your attention. Which ones can you trust, and where should you get your information?
Here are a few things we recommend you look for in a review website:
- Authority: You want to be able to trust the reviews. Are the reviewers or writers qualified to write about dogs? Do they seem like they know what they’re talking about?
- Review quality: What criteria are the reviews looking at? How in-depth are the reviews, and are the reviewers testing the products themselves?
- Veterinarians: You don’t want to take any chances with your dog’s health. The best review sites consult with qualified veterinarians to make sure their information is accurate
The contents of the doggiedesigner.com website, such as text, graphics, images, and other material contained on this site (“Content”) are for informational purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional veterinarian advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your veterinarian with any questions you may have regarding the medical condition of your pet. Never disregard professional advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.
Amazon Associates Affiliate Disclaimer
DoggieDesigner.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Other shopping links featured in the articles may be from Chewy.com or other affiliate programs, and could also result in small commissions for purchases.
Featured image credit: filumx, Shutterstock